Are you ready for this? …The UK’s First Snow-based OCR
Get pumped and bundle up, there is a new OCR on the horizon. SnowStormer, a sub-zero, snow-based obstacle course event is coming to locations across the country. This is a first for OCR lovers in the UK and we’re getting the chills here at Race Space just thinking about it.
What can you expect from a SnowStormer OCR?
When you take on a SnowStormer event you’re not just in for an icy challenge with fun slopes and exhilarating obstacles, you’re taking on a winter mission which will put you through your paces and is as unqiue as it is demanding. Running on snow adds significantly to the challenge, and can make a 5k course feel more like a 10k!
– The UK’s only snow-based obstacle course race – inside the UK’s best snow domes.
– Obstacles designed to test skill, endurance and mental toughness.
– Steeper, colder & more thrilling than any challenge you’ve done before.
So, where can you get stuck in?
Snowstormer – Milton Keynes Saturday 20th July 2019
Snowstormer – Castleford Saturday 10th August 2019
Snowstormer – Manchester Saturday 28th September 2019
25 obstacles to manoeuvre, varying in size and difficulty, including a range of themed and signature obstacles such as the SnowStormer Yeti run, cryo tunnels, giant inflatables and ice walls. Challenge yourself like never before in this ultimate physical environment.
– Run, climb and storm across the unique indoor and outdoor course.
– Cross country climbs, big air bag jumps and blizzard runs stand in your way, just to name a few.
– Post OCR chill out with the Après Ski Party including themed street food, cocktails and mountain vibes.
– Did we mention the Yeti?
SnowStormer has been founded on the principals of arctic training and the additional challenge that exercising in sub-zero temperatures brings to competitors. Research shows that running in the cold ensures the body is working at a higher intensity, burning more calories along the way.